TCY online

Login

Please enter a Username or Email ID
Please enter a password
Keep me logged in
Please enter your name
Please enter your mobile number
You can't leave Captcha Code empty
By submitting this form, you agree to the Terms & Privacy Policy.
OR

Download Software
Tests given

Download TCY App

OR
App Image

Quantitative Reasoning Preparation for GRE

(1149 Posts)

This thread is dedicated to preparation for Quantitative Reasoning section of GRE. You may share questions related to topics like Quantitative Comparison, Data Analysis, Modern Mathematics, Problem Solving, Geometry and Measurements etc.

Question should not exceed 100 characters.Use add options for multiple choice questions and "Uploadimage/Add related data" for passage text papers.
Question should be at least 10 characters long.
+
Add Options | Community Guidelines
Cancel
Nishtha
Posted on 30 Aug, 2019 11:59 AM

Time taken by 3 students to reach from point A to point B is in the ration 6:8:10. What is the ratio of distances covered?

Please type your answer before submitting.
Siddhant Bajpai
Shared from GRE Quant Sectional Test - 8 on 26 Aug, 2019 11:13 AM
Show common data

If Voltas shows a 10% improvement in sales and Carrier Aircon shows a 15% improvement in 2000-2001 over 1999-2000, then by how many percentage points is the market share of Voltas more than that of Carrier Aircon?

Cannot be determined
Siddhant Bajpai
Posted on 26 Aug, 2019 11:13 AM

In the previous question on the same graph, it is stated that the market grows by 6% from previous year. So, I assumed that the market share grew by 6% because both the questions are based on the same pie chart. So, all in all, I felt that this question is a bit ambiguous.

Abhinash Ambati
Shared from Quant - Sectional Test 1 on 27 Jun, 2019 8:01 PM

Four boxes are to be painted. There is a choice of three colors, but each box will be painted in a single color. In how many ways can the boxes be painted?

Abhinash Ambati
Posted on 27 Jun, 2019 8:01 PM

Can someone explain how?

Satish
Posted on 28 May, 2019 8:33 PM

Which one of the following has the smallest surface area?

A right circular cone with height and diameter of the base, both equal to 8 cm.
A hemisphere of diameter 8 cm.
A right circular cylinder with height and diameter of the base, both equal to 8 cm.
A cube with sides equal to 8 cm.
Satish
Posted on 28 May, 2019 8:33 PM

The answer is the first option. Cone has a lower surface area than the hemisphere comparing the total surface areas cone has around 400 and hemisphere has 600

Sai Kiran
Shared from GRE Mock Test - 8 on 28 Apr, 2019 3:00 PM

Directions: Compare Quantity A and Quantity B, using additional information centered above the two quantities if such information is given, and select one of the following four answer choices:

Note: A symbol that appears more than once in a question has the same meaning throughout the question.

y = 180 –x

Quantity A Quantity B
PR PQ

Quantity A is greater.
Quantity B is greater.
The two quantities are equal.
The relationship cannot be determined from the information given.
Sai Kiran
Posted on 28 Apr, 2019 3:00 PM

As given in the question, the symbol can be used as multiplication, addition, subtraction or division. I chose division and I got an answer as π√2/2.