Banking as a career provides a great challenge, it helps to develop analytical skills useful in a company's strategies. It is one of the fastest rising sector which every individual wants to opt. It is not only meant for commerce or economics students but for all graduates with any educational background.
- The POs have a one or two years probation period during which they are given exposure to various important functions of the bank such as Loans & Advances, Foreign exchange, Credit Rating, Treasury, Risk Management, IT, Marketing etc.
- The PO will report to their senior officer who will closely supervise and evaluate the performance for the certain time period.
- It is extremely important to be in good performance during probation period as banks have right to terminate the employee if they feel one doesn't fit for the position.
- Multinational banks recruit fresh management graduates as Management Trainees and appoint them as Assistant Managers on confirmation.
- The area of work may depend on the area of specialisation in MBA and can be corporate banking, merchant banking, forex management and retail banking etc.
- Generally fresh Management graduates from leading B-Schools are considered for this position.
- The job of a clerk, in banking sector, is to deal with public, maintain the records of accounts for customers and banks, foreign exchange, in house/ intra branch transfer accounts etc.
- With the introduction of Information Technology, the traditional working patterns have been replaced by IT networking and these clerks are required to be skilled in computer.
- For this position, the candidate must have passed Xth with 60 per cent; 10+2 with 50 per cent and Graduates of any discipline in the age group of 18-26 years are eligible to appear in the Competitive Written Examination, followed by an Interview.