will be conducted the State Eligibility Test (SET) in the month of October
for determining the eligibility of Indian Nationals for recruitment of Lecturers in universities and colleges in Tamil Nadu and Union Territory of Puducherry.Important Dates:
|Lastdate for submission of online application ||31st August, 2012 |
|Last date for receiving filled in application ||7th September, 2012 |
|Date of Examination ||7th October, 2012 |
Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappally, Salem, Tirunelveli, Chidambaram, Karaikkudi, Vellore, PuducherryEligibility Criteria:
- Only those candidates who have completed/are pursuing PG degree are eligible to appear in SET.
- Others need not apply.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.
- The SC/ST/PC/VC category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master’s degree examination are eligible for this examination.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree examination and whose results are still awaited or candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PC/VC category candidates).
- Such candidates must obtain their PG degree marksheet within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D degree holders whose master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in SET examination.
- Candidates have to appear for SET in the subject of their post graduation only.
No upper age limitApplication Fee (Non Refundable):
|For General ||Rs 1000 |
|For OBC ||Rs 750/- |
|For SC/ST/PC/VC ||Rs 250/- |
The test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will be held on 7th
October, 2012, Sunday in two sessions:
To get complete information, kindly refer to the website: http://www.b-u.ac.in/set2012/index.php
|Paper-I/II ||09.30 to 10.45 a.m./10.45 to 12.00 Noon |
|Paper-III ||01.30 to 04.00 p.m. |