For getting admission in MCA it is not necessary that you should be an expert in computers but you should have basic knowledge of computer Computer Fundamental is one of an important part of following exams:-
You should be aware of following computer concepts:-
- Panjab University Chandigarh (15 Questions)
- Kurushetra University(20 Questions)
- R.E.C Trichy
- J N U Delhi etc.
- For a computer engineer or computer expert there is an option for them , they can opt for computer application or Mathematics as their one of the paper in Punjabi University Patiala.
- GNDU Amritsar Entrance Exams has Computer Applications as its compulsory paper.
Syllabus for Computer section in GNDU, Amritsar , Punjabi University, Patiala
- Basic Computers (History , input – output devices, Storage devices etc)
- Number System (Binary, Octal , Hexadecimal, Decimal )
- Algorithm & Flowchart.
- Binary operations
- Truth tables (gates)
- Programming Concepts (Fortran , C)
- General awareness related to computer
Magazines you should read:-
- Data Structures
- Operating System
- Computer Applications
- Programming in C, C+
- Numerical Methods
- Computer Graphic etc
- Computer Today
- Computer Express
- PC Quest
- Computer Fundamental – P.K.Sinha
- Computer Fundamental – V. Rangarajan
- Let’s C – Yashwant Kanetakar
- Schaum Series – (Data Structure , or C++)