Name of Institute / University
- MASTER OF ARTS: Anthropological Linguistics, English, Hindi, Punjabi, Honours in Punjabi, Urdu, Sanskrit, Persian, Economics, History, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology, Social Work, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Sikh Studies, Buddhist Studies, Defence & Strategic Studies, Theatre & Television, Fine Arts, Education, Music (Vocal & Instrumental) Gurmat Sangeet, Indian Dances, Journalism & Mass Communication, Library & Information Science.
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (M.Sc): Physics, Applied Physics, Astronomy & Space Physics, Nano-Technology, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics & computing, Statistics, Chemistry, Forensic Science, Botany, Biotechnology, Microbial & Food Technology, Information Technology, Zoology, Human Biology, Sports Science,Psychology, Geography
- OTHER MASTER COURSES: M.P.Ed, M.Com M.Com. Honours (Integrated Five Years Course), Master of Finance and Control (MFC), & Masters of Business Economics (MBE)
- BACHELOR COURSES: Bachelor of Library & information Science, B.Sc (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics), B.Sc. (Mathematics, Computer Applications and Management), B.Sc (Honours School) in Economics, B.A (Honours School) in Punjabi, B.A (Honours in Dance), B.A. (Honours in Gurmat Sangeet) and Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA).
- POST GRADUATEDIPLOMACOURSES: Counseling Psychology, Mass Media and Research, Space Science, Computer Applications, Human Consciousness & Yogic Science, Audio- Visual Production, Punjabi Journalism, Broadcast Journalism, Hindi Journalism, Human Rights and Duties, Gender Studies, Women & Child Development.
- DIPLOMACOURSES: German, French, Chinese, Russian, Sanskrit and Pali, Urdu, Persian & Arabic, Punjabi as a Foreign/ Second Language and Punjabi Praveshika, Sikh Studies.
- CERTIFICATE COURSES: Certificate Course in Computer Applications (CCA), Spanish, Chinese, German, French, Russian, Urdu, Arabic and Persian, Sikh Studies, Video-graphy , Video Editing.
a) Admission on the Basis of State Level Entrance Test: : B.Tech, M.B.A (2 Years) and M.C.A (3 Years)
b) Admission on the Basis of State Level Counselling : B.Ed, L.L.B (3 Years), L.L.B Evening (3 Years). B.A.LLB. (5 Years)
c) Admission on the basis of University Entrance Test: Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Physiotherapy, M.Tech (CSE & ICT), M.Tech (CE,ECE and ME), LL.M and M.Ed
d) For admission to B.Tech Television, Film Production & Media Technology ciurse. Aptitude test will be conducted by the Centre for Advanced Media Studies.
e) Admission without Entrance Test: B.Tech, 6 Years Integrated Course (CE,ECE, ME); M.B.A 5 Year Integrated Course, Master of Pharmacy, M.Tech 2 Years Regular/3 Years Part Time at YCoE, Talwandi Sabo.
How To Apply
There are separate Handbooks of Information forProfessional& General Courses. Handbooks will be available w.e.f from 10-06-2010 and can be obtained from the University Enquiry and Information Centre, Puniabi University, Patiala on payment of Rs. 700/- in cash at the counter or through post by sending a demand draft for Rs. 700/- infavour of Registrar, Punjabi University, Patiala,along with self- addressed envelop 10”X12” stamped with Rs. 60/- postage charges.
Handbook of Information can also be obtained from our Regional Centres/ Neighbourhood Campusessituated at Bathinda, Talwandi Sabo, Rampura Phul and Mohali.
Handbook of information and Application Forms etc. can also be downloaded from the university website (www.puniabiuniversity.ac.in ). Candidates can apply on these forms. However, in this case they will have to deposit Rs. 700/- along with the admission form, otherwise the admission forms will not be entertained.
Tel: (0175) 304-6598,304-6599
Note: Last date for submission of form:
A) All General Courses (Without Entrance Test): 25th June, 2010
• Based on University Entrance Test
- B.Pharma / BPT: 18th June, 2010
- M.Tech. (CSE & ICT): 25th June, 2010
- M.Tech. (CE, ECE, ME): 15th June, 2010
- M.Ed.: 9th July, 2010
- LL.M.: 25th June, 2010
• without Entrance test
- M.Tech. (Yadavindra College of Engineering): 9th July, 2010
- M.Pharma: 1st July, 2010
- Master of Physiotherapy: 1st July, 2010