Name of Institute / University
: Panjab University ChandigarhCourses Offered
Applications are invited for admission to thefollowing courses in the Teaching Departments/ Regional Centresof the University for the session 2010-2011. Number of seats is given in brackets for each course.
Department of Evening Studies:
- B.E.:Chemical (85+11*), Food Technology (29), Biotechnology (74+3*), Electronics& Communication(103+5*),Information Technology(103+5*), Computer Science(103+5*), Mechanical (74+3*), Electrical &Electronics(74+3*).
Swami Sarvanand Giri, P.U. Regional Centre (Hoshiarpur):
B.E.:Computer Science(74),Electronics& Communication (74), Electrical &Electronics(80), Mechanical (74).
B.E with M.B.A. Five Year Integrated Course :Chemical (34+5*), Biotechnology (10),Electronics& Communication (10),Information Technology(10),Computer Science(10), Mechanical (10), Electrical &Electronics(10).
The admissions to B.E.& B.E with M.B.A. Five Year Integrated Course will be made on the basis of AIEEE conducted by CBSE, New Delhi. For brochure, admission form and other details, office of the Punjab Engg. College, Chandigarh be contacted.
There are Entrance tests for Admission to courses at Sr. Nos. (ii) to (xi) conducted by the University in May and June, 2010.
- M.C.A.:Dept. ofComputer Science& Applications, (34+5*+2#) (M) & (46+6*+2#) (Evening), Regional Centre, Muktsar: (20 + 3 * + 2 #), Swami Sarvanand Giri, P.U.R.C., Hoshiarpur (68+9*+2#).
Note:Candidates desirous of seeking admission to MCA should apply to the Chairperson, Joint Admission Committee, Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- M.Tech :Instrumentation (10+3 SC/ST+2*), Microelectronics (12+3 SC/ST+2*), Nanoscience & Nanotechnology (10+3 SC/ST+2*), Polymer (15+ 5 Part time).
- LL.B.:Deptt. of Laws (202+27*) (Morning) + (202) (Evening), Swami Sarvanand Giri, PURC, Hoshiarpur (91), PURC, Ludhiana (72 + 9 *) (Evening), PURC, Muktsar (58+8*) .
Note:The candidate seeking admission for LL.B. 3-years degree Course at the P.U. Regional Centres, Hoshiarpur, Ludhiana & Muktsar should apply to the Director of the respective Centre.
- M.B.A.(Executive) (39), M.Com. (E-commerce) (27), M.A. English (143+15*+6@), Master of Journalism and Mass Comm. (51+5*).
- Master of Physical Education(M.P.Ed) (28+2*), Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) (34+2*).
- M.Sc.(2-year course) : Human Genomics (17), Environment Science (22+3*), Industrial Chemistry(17), Microbial Biotechnology (20+2*), Nuclear Medicine (8+2*), System Biology and Bioinformatics (13+2*).
- M.Sc. (Hons. School) :The students who have passed B.Sc. (Hons. School) from P.U. are eligible for admission to M.Sc. (Hons. School) in the corresponding subject without taking Entrance Test. Available/additional seats for eligible students for admission to M.Sc. (Hons. School) Ist year in the following subjects, will be on the basis of entrance test (O-CET):
Biochemistry(2+4*), Biophysics (5+5*), Biotechnology (7+2*), Botany (29+4*), Chemistry (15+2*),Computer Science& Applications (11+2*), Mathematics (41+5*), Microbiology (4*), Physics (46+6*) and Zoology (14+2*).
- M.E.:Chemical (20),Electronicsand Communication Engg. (20+2*),Information Technology(20+2*),Computer Science(20+2*).
The following Courses at Sr. Nos. xii) to xvi) will have an Aptitude/ Admission Test conducted by the department concerned:
- M.Sc. (H.S.):Petroleum Geology (15).
- M.Sc. :Stem Cell & Tissue Engg. (17), Master in Public Health (17+2*+5 in Service/ Nominated).
- Master’s Courses :Gandhian and peaceStudies (29), History of Art (29), Indian Theatre (23), Music (17 Instrumental & 17 Vocal), Sanskrit (68),Remote Sensing & G.I.S. (25+3 Sponsored by Govt./ Institute), Disaster Management (Deptt. of Geography) (25+3*) and Social Works (UI Emerging Areas in Soc. Sc.) (30+4*).
- University Institute of Fashion Tech. & Vocational Development:Five years Integrated B.Sc. & M.Sc. in Fashion & Lifestyle Tech. (46+6*).
- Postgraduate DiplomaCoursesin School of Communication Studies: Advt. and Public Relations (17), Hindi Journalism (17), Punjabi Journalism (17).
There will be no Aptitude/Admission Test in the following courses:
- M.Pharm.(2 years Course): Pharmaceutics (6A+1B) Pharmaceutical Chemistry ( 6A+1B) Pharmacognosy (2A+1B), Pharmacology (2A+1B) +3 NRI (Choice of the subject will be decided at time of the interview).
A: Panjab University Candidates
B: Candidates From Institute other than Panjab University.
M.Pharm.in Drug Discovery and Drug Dev. (11), M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance (11)
- B.A.(Hons. School) followed by M.A. (Hons.School) in Economics (Five years Integrated Course): (29+4*).
- B.Sc.(Hons.School) in Physcis &Electronics: (23).
- M.Lib.& Information Science(Two year Integrated Course): (40+5*).
- M.Sc. (Hons. School):Anthropology (23+3*), Geology (29+4*). Physics &Electronics(23+3*).
- M.Sc.:Forensic Science and Criminology (Centre for Excellence in Biomedical Sciences)(20), Instrumentation (CIL) (20), Medical Physics (Univ. Inst. of Emerging Areas in Sc. and Tech.) (8+2*) and Statistics (34+5*).
- Master’s Courses:Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology (46), Defence and National Security Studies (34+5 Serving Defence Personnel), Education (29), Economics (115+5*), French (17), Geography (51+7*), Hindi (68), History (68), Panjabi (68),Philosophy (40), Political Science (68), Psychology (68+9*), Public Administration (70+9*), Sociology (68+9*), Urdu (34), Women’s Studies (17+2*), Community Education & Development (RRC-cum-Comm. Edu. & Dev.) (29).
- University Institute Emerging Areas in Social Sciences (Aruna Ranjit Chandra Hall):M.A.: Police Administration (34+ 6* + 10 nominated) and Human Rights & Duties (30+4*).
- Short Term Courses:Executive Cert. Course in Disaster Mgt. & Security (DNSS) (20), English Proficiency Course (English) (30), Diploma in Landscape Gardening, Mushroom and Spirulina Cultivation(Botany) (35).
- Certificate Courses:Art Appreciation (Fine Arts) (30), Chinese (57), French (286+38*), Functional Punjabi (31+4*), German (136), Persian (29), Russian (114), Tibetan (57) and Urdu (85).
- Diploma Courses:Chinese (11), French (29), Forensic Science and Criminology (Anthropology Dept.) (20), German (34), Punjabi Language and Culture (17+2*), Persian (17), Russian (29), Tibetan (17), Translation Englishto Hindi (68),Translation Englishto Punjabi (11), Urdu (29), Preschool Education (Life Long Learning & Extension) (15), Heritage Tourism (AIHCA) (30) and Vocational Agriculture (DEVS) (16+4 for in service candidates).
- Advanced Diploma Courses:Chinese (11), French (17), German (23), Proficiency in Interpreter ship forTibetan (11), Persian (11), Russian (17) and Urdu (17).
- Postgraduate DiplomaCourses:Disaster Management (DNSS) (34), Homeland Security (DNSS)(10+ 15 Serving Personnel ) and Buddhist Studies (20).
- Post-M.Sc. Coursein Accelerator Physics : (11).
- Post M.A. Diploma Coursesin Department of Psychology: Professional Counseling and Psychotherapy (23+3*), Psychological Testing (23+3*).
- B.A. Hons.(Education) - B.Ed. (Institute of Educational Technology and Vocational Education) (100) and: B.Ed.-Special Education with Specialization in Learning Disability (RRC-cum-Community Education & Development) (29).
B.A. Part I : (342) , B.Com. Part I : (90), M.A. Part I : English (91), Economics (68), History (68), Political Science (91) and Punjabi ( 68 ).
Admission is open to such candidates who submit a proof of their employment in the form of a certificate from the employer/ or a certificate by self, that the candidate is self-employed. Seats in undergraduate subjects are also limited.
Students are, therefore, advised to fill in subjects (in various groups) according to their preferences. Final allocation will be done in order of merit.
P.U. Regional Centre, Muktsar:M.A.: English (46), Economics (46), Panjabi (46) and Political Science (46).M.Phil. Courses:
AIHCA (15), Economics (15), Gandhian Studies (10, Geography (15), History (15), Political Science (15), Philosophy (10), Psychology (10), Public Administration (10+2*+2 for teachers of affiliated colleges), Sociology (15), Defence and National Security Studies (20 Army Officers+5 Officers from Armed Forces+5 for Defence Studies students), Police Administration (UI of Emerging Area in Social Sc.) (6+4 for in-service Police Personnels), English (20+2*), Punjabi (25+25 SGGSS), Sanskrit (20), Botany (15), Physics (15), Statistics (10), Zoology (10), Physical Education (10) and PURC, Muktsar, Punjabi (15).
* Seats for Foreign Nationals/ NRI
# Seats for those who have passed UGC approved vocational subject for three years at undergraduate level.
@ For students who have passed B.A. with functional English.How To Apply
Handbook of Informationand Rules for Admission-2010 can be obtained in cash (Rs.500/-) at the Post Offices at Chandigarh: (Sector-14, 17, 36 and 47), Hoshiarpur: Near District Court, Ludhiana: Bharat Nagar Chowk, Muktsar: Head Post Office and by Post (Rs.600/-) from the Manager, Publication Bureau, P.U., Chandigarh – 160 014 against account payee Bank Draft drawn in favour of theRegistrar, Panjab University, payable at Chandigarh.
(The Applicants for the Ist year of any course are advised to purchase a copy of Handbook of Information to acquaint themselves with the Rules and Regulations and other details of the Courses).
Candidates desirous of applying for admission to University Teaching
Departments/Centres for the session 2010-2011 can download admission form from P.U. Website www.puchd.ac.in free of cost. However, those finally admitted, will be charged Rs. 40/- as cost of admission form along with admission fees.
Candidates seeking admission to a course under reserved category of sportsshould also submit an additional photocopy of the complete admission form along with self attested photocopies of sports certificates, class X and class XII DMC showing date of birth and original photograph to the Chairperson/Director of the concerned Department/Centre, Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014.
The candidates are required to appear for trial in a proper sports kit along with their original sports certificates on University Grounds as per schedule of trialsi.e. on 8th & 9th of July, 2010(For Schedule contact office of the University Director of Physical Education). Presence of candidate in the field at appointed time is mandatory. No separate intimation will be sent.Contact DetailsTel: 0172- 27848690172- 2784869
, 2534866, 2534818Website:
: Last date for receipt of application forms:
1. All Courses (Other than 2 below ) : 1.7.2010 5.00 p.m.
2. M.Phil./Certificate/ Diploma Courses: 22.7.2010 5.00 p.m.