Andhra Bank a leading Public Sector Bank invites applications from Indian citizens for the posts of Probationary Officers & Clerks. Candidates are requested to apply on–line through Bank’s website www.andhrabank.in
No other means /mode of application will be accepted. Opening date of online registration is 25th
Jan, 2011. Last date of online registration is 22nd
Feb, 2011. Date of written test for Probationary Officers is 8th
May, 2011 and date of written test for clerks is 15th
May, 2011.Number of Vacancies:
For Probationary Officers the No. of vacancies is 450 and for clerks are 1000.Age:
- The minimum age of the candidate for Probationary Officers should be 21 yrs and maximum age should be 28 yrs.
- The minimum age of the candidate for Clerks should be 18 yrs and maximum age should be 28 yrs.
For Probationary Officers in JMGS I the pay scale will be `14500 – ` 25700 and Approximate total monthly emoluments inclusive of Basic, DA, CCA, HRA etc., is at the start of the scale at metropolitan centers is `.22,971. For clerk the pay scale will be is `.7200 – ` 19300 and Approximate total monthly emoluments inclusive of Basic, DA,CCA,HRA etc., at the start of the scale at metropolitan centres `.11,471Reservation in posts:
RESERVATIONS FOR EX-SM AND PWD for Clerical Posts:
- For Probationary Officer of grade JMGS-I total no. of posts are 450 and for Reservation particulars are SC: 67, ST: 33, OBC 121, UR: 229, PWD OH VI: 711.
- The Backlog vacancies to be treated as a distinct entity 1.3 State-wise vacancies for clerical posts with Reservation.
The recruitment of clerks will be state-wise / union territory-wise as indicated above. A candidate can apply for a vacancy in only one state / union territory and should be willing to be initially posted at any place in that state / Union Territory and serve for a minimum period of 5 years in that state/Union Territory. The candidate will have to appear for the written test from an examination centre specified for that particular state / Union Territory only, and the examination call letter will be issued accordingly. No change in the state / union territory applied for & or examination centre will be permitted after submission of the application form. It is imperative that the candidate should know to Read, Write & Speak the Language of the State/Territory for which she/he chooses to apply.Eligibility Criteria: Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either (i) a citizen of India or (ii) a subject of Nepal or (iii) a subject of Bhutan or (iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st Jan. 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination/interview conducted by the Bank but on final selection the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Govt. of India.Applications from serving employees:
Interested and eligible employees of Andhra Bank may apply online and send their application through proper channel. Such candidates, if selected shall resign from their present position in the Bank and rejoin the service afresh.Descriptive Test:
- The candidates appearing for the exam of Probationary Officer Post have the option to answer Descriptive Paper in Hindi or English.
- The candidates appearing for the exam of Clerk post have the option to answer Descriptive Paper in Hindi or English or Official Language of the State.
- The Descriptive Test for the Post of Probationary Officers and Clerks is only of qualifying nature and the marks obtained there in shall not be reckoned for preparing the merit list.
|Opening date for Online Registration ||25.01.2011 |
|Last Date For Online Registration ||22.02.2011 |
|Date of written test for Probationary Officers ||08.05.2011 |
|Date of written test for Clerks ||15.05.2011 |
- Educational Qualifications: The qualifications prescribed for the post are the minimum. Candidates must possess the qualifications as on 31.12.2010
- Probation Period & Service Bond. The candidates selected as Probationary Officers will be required to execute a Service Bond undertaking to serve the Bank for a minimum period of 5 years or to pay the Bank a sum of Rs.75000/-
All Officers recruited to JMGS-I will be on probation for a period of TWO years
- As the applications are to be processed by a computerized system, it is essential that the application is strictly in accordance with the prescribed format and properly and completely filled in.
- Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other norms mentioned in this advertisement. Decision of Bank in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced for the purpose of the conduct of examination, interview, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate. The Bank in this behalf shall entertain no correspondence or personal enquiries. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings are detected even after appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated.
For more information visit the link http://www.andhrabank.in/