HESE QUESTIONS ARE OF CONTINUOUS PATTERN SERIES
This type of questions usually consists of a series of small letters which follows a certain pattern.However,some letters are missing from the series. These missing letters are then given in a proper sequence as one of the alternatives. The candidate is required to choose this alternative as the answer.
Example : aab ___ aaa __ bba __
(a) baa (b) abb (c) bab (d) aab (e) bbb
Solution : we proceed step by step as shown below:
1. The first blank space should be filled in by ‘b’ so that we have two
a’s followed by two b’s.
2. The second blank space should be filled in either by ‘a’ so that we
have four a’s followed by two b’s, or ‘b’ so that we have three a’s
followed by three b’s.
3. The last space must be filled in by ‘a’.
4. Thus, we have two possible answers : ‘baa’ and ‘bba’. But, only ‘baa’
appears in the alternatives. So, the answer is (a).
5. In case, we had both the possible answers in the alternatives, we would
have chosen the one that forms a more prominent pattern, which is
aabb/aaabbb/aa. Thus, our answer would have been